Saturday, May 12, 2018

Live Tape Project #2: Princess Pang - Poughkeepsie, NY - December 5, 1989 Full Concert Audio

The Live Tape Project #2 - Princess Pang at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY on December 5, 1989 

Info: Princess Pang were opening for Mr. Big.  Eric Martin of Mr. Big introduces the band.

Setlist:
  • Stage announcements including Eric Martin introduction
  • Scream & Shout
  • Too Much, Too Soon
  • Any Way You Want It
  • South St. Kids
  • Find My Heart A Home
  • No Reason To Cry
  • Baby Blue
  • Trouble In Paradise
  • I'm Not Playin'
  • Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw (Rose Tattoo cover)
  • Sympathy
Sound Quality: I believe I recorded this with a mono Realistic recorder with built in microphone.  Pretty loud and clear. 

Length: 45 minutes 





What is the Live Tape Project? 

Well back in the day for a few years I audio taped a lot of the shows I went to.  I have all my master tapes (probably about 80 to 100 shows) and have always wanted to transfer and upload them.  They are all the different bands I saw at the time, not just the band in this post.

Finally getting around to doing it.  I recently purchased a TEAC LP-R550USB stereo which includes among other things a cassette player and CD Recorder.  I'm recording the cassettes direct to CD, then importing them as .wav files and then uploading to YouTube.  I'll then post the link to the shows here and in the Facebook group as I upload each one.

Quality wise, most were recorded on a mono Realistic recorder with built in microphone which in some cases (and based on the recording conditions) captured a great recording you'll listen to over and over and in other cases it might be barely listenable and something you'll only listen to if you were there and need to remember if they played a particular song that night.  Later on I upgraded to a stereo recorder and some of those sound great.  It's a mixed bag and you never know what the next installment will bring.

If you're not yet part of our Facebook group, please click the Like button below.  You'll always be kept up to date on future posts, have the ability to comment and share all content, and get access to our contests and giveaways! 

Click any photos to enlarge them to full screen.  Also follow on twitter @MostPeopleBlank   Then, of course, as always - Rock on and Enjoy - Paul

No comments: